Why IT Departments Love Working With Us
Our database software is not just for Volunteer Managers...
Performance and Reliability
- Our guaranteed uptime excluding planned maintenance is 99.95%. Over the past ten years we’ve averaged 99.99% and over the past five years, 99.997%.
- We use primary and secondary dns providers to insulate ourselves from a single dns provider failure.
- Our database management system is deployed on dedicated, over-provisioned hardware.
- We monitor our systems 24x7x365 using internal, external synthetic and external RUM monitoring to ensure optimal service performance and uptime.
- We utilise a CDN to ensure our application assets are loaded quickly world-wide.
- We have a 1 hour hardware replacement SLA with our datacenter – ensuring faulty hardware is replaced quickly.
Backups – Full backup once per week, incremental backup once per day, transaction log backup once every 3 hours – 28 days retention – Full restoration tested once per quarter.
- A third party runs a penetration test annually and we are happy to share the results with IT departments.
- Our software stores user credentials using a strong one-way hashing algorithm (bcrypt) with random salting.
- We perform external vulnerability scans of our entire environment every week.
- We deliver all content using 256 BIT TLS (and fallback to 128 BIT TLS where 256 BIT is not supported).
- Data is encrypted at rest using 256 BIT AES encryption.
- Our systems are protected by anti-brute force login measures as well as an intrusion detection and prevention system. We also store a record of all successful / failed login attempts.
- Two factor authentication available for account admins.
- Option to lock down admin access by IP address (Enterprise PLUS accounts).
- All server operating systems and applications are patched in accordance with recommended guidelines.
- We provide fast, knowledgeable technical support directly to IT departments from our lead architect and software developers.
- We provide 24×5 support via chat, email, telephone and web meetings to administrative users. Weekend support is also available via email and chat periodically on weekends.
- Our median first response to a chat is under ten minutes.
- Comprehensive searchable help files.
- A suite of video based training files.
We operate a fourth-generation SaaS application (we’ve been doing “cloud” since before it was called “cloud”).All development work is done in-house.Our development methodology prioritises bug and security fixes ahead of new features.In choosing our suppliers, we only deal with the very best (not the cheapest). Our service status is available at betterimpactstatus.com and we always provide communications on planned upgrades.